So our last couple of paychecks have been very tight. Usually we have extra on our second paycheck of the month so we can buy enough to buy mass groceries to keep us stocked until the next month comes because our entire first check usually goes to bills and such. But this last paycheck which was the 2nd one of the month was very very small so we weren't really able to do that. So essentially we weren't able to buy any groceries right? We still had food and we certainly weren't going hungry but we ran out of bread and then out of milk shortly after and then out of ramen of all things. . . I know impossible right?
You can never run out of Ramen cuz it's so cheap! Wrong! lol We had bought 2 cases a while ago and it just so happened that the every few months we need to get more happened on the time we got a minute paycheck that could only pay for the second half of the month that our other bills fall on. Needless to say we have been going with out milk and bread for about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks. Not the end of the world but we still want some. I need to get bread pans so I can make my own because for some reason we got like 5 bags of flour for our wedding. . . anyway back to the story.
So today Paul and I were thinking about all the food we wanted to eat cuz we were hungry and we both wanted Subway. So that made us think of bread right? So I said what about the 10dollars in our emergency fund? (we're trying to start one but obviously we're not doing to well at the whole emergency fund thing lol) We could go and buy bread and milk at Winco with this 10dollars(they have loaves for 88cents there). I said ok hand me the thing with our money in it. We have a little file thingy that we have different categories for our budget and money in. So I was looking in it and I decided to look in the other categories like grocery, cars, gas, etc.
And what do you know. . . I found a 20 in the gas thing from like 2 months ago!!!!!!!!!!! That I was certain we had already spent on gas for one of our trips to Mountain Home. So here we are with the money we didn't have so now we can get the groceries we couldn't afford and I'm possitive it's because even though money is tight for us we always pay our tithing. I know that God is always there watching out for us and blesses us when we keep his commandments. So now we get to have bread and milk and yes the beloved food of the poor person RAMEN! lol
I just had to share this with everyone as a Testimony of God's love for everyone and that if we really do do as He asks he will never let us be in need of anything. We may not always have what we want but we will certainly always have what we need! So next time you think "we don't have enough for food and tithing" pay your tithing first and just think somewhere out there is gas money that is gonna provide a way for you to eat! : )
I learned the value of tithing as a starving college student. I always paid tithing first and then amazingly I would be able to pay rent with just a couple bucks left over. God will always provide if we are doing our part.
ReplyDeleteTithing is great. It has saved our bacon a number of time. You should also get some powdered milk. Not the best tasting but good for cooking etc. or if you ever run out again. Good luck. We love you guys.
ReplyDelete