Well it's been awhile since I last posted. I'm sure you all missed me! All the crickets out there chirping that is *wink wink*
Anyway I guess this post is just to say. I'm still alive. Not much has been going on. Robert has been quite the busy fellow tho. Robert has just got his first tooth! It's broke through the skin (I would know it's a sharp little buggar!) But it still has to push up and show itself all the way. I'd get a pic but Robert is anti-showing off his gums, he plays with everything with his tongue. Surprisingly or not so surprisingly he wasn't too bad while it was coming in. He did a lot of the closed mouth hum/whine thing. He just wasn't himself and I guess and had a little bit of a harder time sleeping. Nothing getting in bed with mom and sleep nursing wouldn't fix tho. I was tired but he was fine, he sleeps great like that but I don't. I like my sleeping space! : ) Also Robert has started crawling!!! It's very tentative and it seems the more he thinks about it the more mad and unable to move he becomes. It's when we're not expecting it that he's all the way across the room. But he's getting better and better everyday. I'll make a post about it once I get a good video. I was gonna get one today but the camera battery was low and it wouldn't let me. Sigh. Maybe tomorrow.
I've been good. I haven't even thought about Facebook at all really. The only thing I have thought about on there are the group of ladies that I was friends with that I don't get to talk with very often now. I hope they're all doing well. A new thing for me that has happened is that I have taken over doing the family newsletter from my sister, she's too busy and is burnt out, so I took it over for her. It's been fun so far and the first newsletter I'm doing is being sent to my family on September 1st. I'm excited, it's gonna be a summer edition. Then we'll have one each month. It's hard to get everyone to send in their news tho. I'm sure I've driven them crazy with all my email reminders to them. Oh well I'm sure I'll get everyone to send in their news eventually. Until then I'll have fun with what I have sent in. I haven't made any friends yet here. Although I have met a few people in the ward that I could hang out with. I just have to find a chance to talk to them sometime. This last Sunday we kinda left pretty fast after church got over so I didn't get to speak to anyone. Well there was one lady I talked to in the mother's lounge while I was feeding Robert, but she was just visiting family so I guess I won't be seeing her. Hopefully next week will be better. We won't have the combined meeting with the men for the 3rd hour so I'll have a better chance to talk to some of the women during Relief Society.
I also realized that I am writing in a journal. It's just not how I would usually do it. It's here in my blog, instead of a paper journal. I think that's why I love blogging so much, because it is a journal for me. I haven't written in my journal regularly for a long time and I miss it. I just don't seem to have the time to write everyday. I write so slow and usually write pretty lengthy entries and I just don't have the time for that. Well I suppose I do but this is so much easier and prettier than my handwriting. Plus my journal is still packed away somewhere in a box that I need to unpack. Speaking of unpacking I finally am starting to feel ready to unpack all the way. I haven't been able to decorate (not that I have anything to really decorate with) and make it feel like home because I've been getting used to it and it has only recently begun to feel real and permanent not temporary. We finally got blinds for the sliding door to the back yard! Wohoo! Windows at night freak me out usually so it's nice to have something there I forgot to close them tonight tho. Oh well, I guess I should do that then. Well that's about it for now I think. See you tomorrow hopefully with more on the crawling and tooth.
You are awesome Maggie! I am so glad to hear Robert is crawling. I was wondering when that would happen. Exciting stuff. Can't wait to visit. Any new foods for Robert? Hugs.
ReplyDeleteThanks :D You're pretty awesome too! I'm excited for you to visit tomorrow! :D
ReplyDelete